I’ve been married now for 20 years. You don’t have to be married for 20 years or married at all if that is your preference. Here are my pet peeves when sleeping with someone. I mean really sleeping, not having sex or anything.
1. “Leg zaps” I like to call them. Restless leg syndrome is what the experts call them.
2. Sleeping diagonally.
3. Being “dead weight” and being too small, weak and tired to move your partner no matter how much lower body strength you can muster with both feet against the back of the person that is intruding on your personal sleep space.
4. Snoring, enough said.
5. Leaving the TV on and falling asleep on the remote.
Me: “Give me the remote before you fall asleep.”
Him: “Oh, I’ll turn it off before I fall asleep.”
Me: “Yeah, and I just crawled out from under a rock.”
6. Being hit in the face with a partner that is flailing around in a violent dream. It happened to me one night. It really was pissed me off!
8. Coming to bed after I’ve already fallen asleep.
9. Cold feet. His cold feet always somehow find their way into the arches of one of my feet. They are like heat seeking missiles.
10. And the number one pet peeve: Cracking ankles and toes. Oh wait that’s me, never mind.